Monday, November 23, 2009

Traveling with Cloth Part Deux




So, after that post, it seems that there are many of us CDers that travel with our cloth. So, I thought it would make a great discussion to see how you all travel with your cloth. Include how you travel (drive, train, plane, etc), where you pack your bulk clean diapers (checked baggage, carryon), and anything else you think may help traveling moms?

I am traveling to FL this January with my little guy...he will be almost 10 months then. I am planning on bringing cloth diapers with, and am considering packing them in his carseat that I will check at the gate....I have a big car seat cover that I am using that has extra room in it...I will probably only carry on the diaper bag, and a large purse, and baby of course. Makes me nervous already! StumbleUpon
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. We are putting the majority of the diapers in the checked luggage. We will take 1 diaper for every hour of travel (just in case) in our diaper bag. Most likely we won't use that many, but you never know.

    When we traveled last year we did a similar thing.

    Oh and prefolds tend to take less space than pocket or all in one diapers, so if space is minimal, you should take prefolds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, I've only taken trips about 2 days long, and they've been by car. I've taken all the diapers I have, stuffed into extra wetbags, and I've taken a few disposables "just in case", though I haven't had to use them yet. As I use diapers, the wetbags become free to fill with the stinky ones.
    We've got a 3 day trip coming up soon. I have two more covers and inserts coming, and I'm hoping that will make my collection big enough to last through.....

    ReplyDelete