Friday, June 10, 2011

Diaper Cream

Yikes! I had a screaming meany on my hands the other tonight. My poor little boy (he’s 4 months old) has a sensitive bum and after sleeping in a messy diaper during his nap, he woke up bright red and grouchy. So, what do you do about a diaper rash and cloth diapers? Definitely don’t use diaper cream without protecting your cloth unless you know it's safe for cloth diapers. Diaper creams can affect the absorbency of your diaper over time and will stain it. What’s worked for me is using flushable liners like these Osco Cozy liners which we carry in the Bamboo Baby store.

Just lay the liner down between your babies slathered up bum and the diaper. When it’s time for the next diaper change, just flush the liner down the toilet like toilet paper. Another alternative is getting reusable fleece liners. Various companies make them or you can buy some microfleece from the fabric store and to make your own. The great thing about fleece is that it doesn’t unravel so you don’t have to have any mad sewing skills to make your own liners. You just need to know how to cut a straight line. :-)

If you don’t want to mess with liners and decide to go with a diaper safe cream, we have a couple of options in our store. I’m not really sure what monkey farts smell like, but evidently the makers of CJ’s Butter know because it’s one of the scents they have for their diaper cream and we happen to carry it. :-) I really meant to grab a tube of the unscented version of their product for the blog picture but only realized after I downloaded the picture off my camera that I grabbed the wrong one. :-)
Another cloth diaper safe cream is Angel Bottom Balm by Earth Mama.
One of the best ways, though, to treat diaper rash is just to let your little one go without a diaper whenever possible. This is a picture of my daughter when she was 5 months old and had a horrible diaper rash. I just dressed her in pajamas and let her roll around the floor on a few layers of beach towels and baby blankets to help save the carpet. Probably most mamas know to do this but I thought it would be a great chance to insert a cute baby picture! :-)
StumbleUpon
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for nice review. And for helpful tips. For business automation try software developing service from outsource software development company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had some really great luck with using liners along with a bottom balm on preventing diaper rashes. I couldn't help but agree more that the best way to solve diaper rashes is to let the little one go without a diaper for a while.

    We normally use the GroVia bioliners. Are the Osco Cozy liners completely flushable?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This product feels great on hemorrhoids! I can't say yet if it heals them up but you certainly feel instantly relieved from tenderness and itching. I think I may try the bottom spray just for ease of use post partum- but the balm is working for me for now!

    ReplyDelete