Monday, March 19, 2012

Mommy Monday #4


Mommy Monday #4

My name is Jenny.  I'm a stay at home mom to 7 month old Noah, a wife to Charlie, and a fellow mommy blogger at Cloth Diaper Revival.  We've been cloth diapering since Noah was 2 weeks old.  The idea to cloth diaper came from my husband.  He's cheap, but in a good way, and we knew we needed to rework our budget when I got pregnant.  I was planning to quit my job as an elementary school teacher and we needed to save where we could.  Charlie jokingly mentioned cloth diapers even though neither of us knew anything about modern cloth diapers.  I dismissed the idea until I came across a display of modern cloth at a local baby boutique early in my pregnancy.  I was quickly wooed by the soft fabric and bright colors and prints.  We decided cloth was the way to go despite not knowing anyone else that cloth diapered. 

We bought our first SoftBums a few months later after attending a Cloth Diapering 101 class.  I couldn't wait to try them out on our soon to be son.  After he was born, we used disposables for the first couple of weeks.  We wanted to get our feet wet as new parents and we were also slightly afraid of what the meconium would do to our beautiful new diapers.  Honestly, I had planned to wait much longer than I did to start using our cloth diapers, but I just couldn't contain myself!  At 2 weeks old and 8 1/2 lbs. our SoftBums Echos were a perfect fit! I loved how trim they were and I couldn't get over how cute my favorite diaper was, the giraffe print.  

We love our cloth diapers for more than just the ridiculous amount of money we are saving.  It is very comforting to know that we are giving the best we can to our son by keeping chemicals off of his skin.  And my husband is thrilled about the diapers we are keeping out of the landfill because we barely have any trash and he doesn't have to walk our trash can to the end of the driveway every week.  Since cloth diapering, I've even convinced a few friends to switch to cloth.  We currently are looking to add more SoftBums to our stash! I love how soft they are on the inside and the strength of the aplix can't be beat.  We haven't tried the Omni yet and I'm really excited to order some in the near future! 

Thank you for your story Jenny!  If you have a story you'd like to share with our readers please email me at Softbumsguru@gmail.com




StumbleUpon
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment