Friday, August 26, 2011

Out to Dry

About a year and a half ago, we moved into a new house. I LOVE that my laundry room is now off the kitchen instead of in the basement. What I don't love is that the room is so tiny that I hit my bottom on the wall when I'm getting the laundry out of the dryer!! So, needless to say, we don't have room for a traditional folding drying rack. I know myself too well to keep a folding drying rack up in the living room because it would only ever get put down when company comes over. ;-) My solution then, was to make my own "rack" over the laundry room sink. Ta da:


It actually works great. I just hang my covers up straight from the wash and stick my pods in the dryer. It's a great solution for a small space. My neighbor also has the same floor plan and has a great solution too. Another option is something a friend recommended.  She has a drying rack her husband installed onto the door hinge.   It's another great solution drying in a small space.

We want to hear your thoughts on drying in small spaces!   StumbleUpon
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. This little gadget is AWESOME for drying diapers in small spaces: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80189663

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the retractable clotheslines you can hang up? They are REALLY neat! Great for small spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How to kill time when you at free time? Internet access?Use Internet to play a game? So you must know WOW Gold or wow gold for sale , very good game, leisure when can play.

    ReplyDelete