Friday, March 30, 2012

Mothers Day and Fathers Day Idea

My new years resolution was to plan ahead.  


So, I thought I'd share my plan for mothers day and fathers day this year.  


It's a journal series from Journals Unlimited called "Between You and Me".  I thought these would be super fun to do for my mom and dad and, to do one for each of my kids.  


They have them for Moms, Dads, Sisters, Brothers, Grandma, Grandpa, Son, Daughter, Reunion, Honey, Aunt, and Uncle.  


I am planning on buying 3 daughter journals, 1 son journal, 1 mom, and 1 dad.  Then I will fill out for my parents the mom and dad journal, then give them the daughter one to fill out for me.  Then they can give it back when they are done.  I will also fill out the son and daughter ones and put them with the keepsakes in their "treasure chests".  


It is simple things like this that we can hold onto and look back on and remember our loved ones how they remember us.  That day will come when we won't have them anymore, but a little personal piece like this to hold onto forever may help the healing process in the future, and to open up fun discussions now.  


What are your plans for Mother's and Father's Day? StumbleUpon
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment